Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Simple Steps to make Baby Passport (repost)

Now Everyone Can Fly... I mean... Now My Luther Can Fly....

I know many mommies would love to bring their little one abroad... maybe to visit some relatives or friends. For me, I not only want to visit my relatives, I also love to show off my beautiful baby to the world. Although bringing a baby traveling is not easy (I literally was like bringing my whole baby items with me!!), it is good for the child as this would be 1 way for him will not to be shy or turn to an introvert person in future. Social exposure is always good to bring up a happy, cute and sociable baby!

Here are some things you will need to prepare before heading to the immigration office to avoid delay or whatever similar. Babies cannot wait long.. neither can this mommy especially when Luther starts to show his untamed temper. hehehe....

What u need to prepare before going to the immigration office:


1. RM150 (for baby)
2. 2 latest passport size photos of your baby
3. Your baby's birth cert (original and copy)
4. Parent's IC (original and copy)
5. Application Form completely filled up . 
*Note: Malaysia Passport Application Form. Print the downloaded file on both side of an A4 paper or else they wont accept your application form and you need to buy one for RM1 per form.
(For further reference, you can check out Malaysia Immigration Official Site)


What to do:

1. All documents and payment to be ready and form completely filled
2. Go to the nearest State Immigration Office  
*Note: Parent and baby to be present at all time at the Office as the officer will need to see both of you.
3. Average time frame from start to passport collection is 2-3hours (not inclusive of lunch and tea break). Although I think it's a bit risky, but you can take 1/2 day leave to do this. 

I hope these information will help those who are planning to get a passport for their child and travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment