Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am 3 month old already!!

I am a big boy now!!
I can't believe it... My baby is already 3 months old!! I still remember giving birth to him just ....... wow!! it's already 3 months....

Hamster cheeks?
Taking care of your own baby is really a challenge in a way but it's all worth while. I can still remember the feeling of the 1st month where sleep was almost non existence. Than the next thing I worried was my breast milk supply slowing down. 

 Well, either my milk supply was reducing or Luther's appetite was increasing. I choose his appetite grew! So, I tried taking Fenugreek (which really did increase my supply...a little), drinking Holick, eating cheese cake and eating more meat for the protein.... I am still breastfeeding him till now although not as much as I want to.

Guess what I am eating!
Luther has grown very much physically and psychologically. He is now 'standing' at 60cm tall weighing at about 6.5kg. The last time, he was sleeping most of the time and now, for the last 2 weeks, he started to learn calling out to us by whining (it's really cute!) and when we  carry him, he stopped. And after a while, he will start making a kicking gesture expressing that he wants us to start moving (i.e. walking). My baby is now our Chairman with lots of request and demands.

At Mid Valley with Papa
After a long long wait, we finally got to see his voluntary smilesssss. All we need to do are some simple gestures, funny faces and plastic sound. He will smile just like the usual smiley (i.e. =D). The funniest thing is that Luther still laugh in his sleep, which is funny!

Another new development is that he started to find his fist very appetizing and have it all the time. I started to keep his hands clean so that we don't encounter unnecessary visits to the clinic. We have also brought him out a little more often before I start work to expose Luther to the outside world although I still worry about him getting all the cough and flu going around... so no crowded places as much as possible.

'The Ramones'
Now, I know how parents feel about their little child. You love them so much that you worry at the smallest things sometime. You love them so much that you sometimes hate yourself for not being able to give them the so-called best. But yet I have also learn that, to a baby, they love you no matter what. And the give you all the love and trust in return.

If only Luther can read, I want to say, "Thank you baby for being in my life. You have brought so much joy and happiness to the whole family. Papa & mommy love you so much."

1 comment: