Friday, January 27, 2012

My 1st Chinese New Year

What an adventure for me and my hubby bringing Luther out of KL for the 1st time without any assistance from experience folk(s) a.k.a my mom!!

Packing clothes for Luther wasn't much of a problem as I love packing with lots of extras 'just-in-case' this and that happens. Anyway, how large can babies clothes be and it fitted all in 1 luggage... really... it's not that big (I meant the luggage). Nonetheless, it's stressful cause I was worried I missed out things. So, I literally packed the whole house.... I took the baby bouncer, sterilizer, all his Milk bottles, 1.5 box of formula, a thermos flask and mug, clothes, socks, mittens, hats, Luther's toiletries, 1 full pack of diapers, a few muslin cloth, baby pillow and bolster, bathing tub and a baby carrier. Well, the car can't fit the stroller so we left that out. I KNOW I KNOW... that's almost everything, missing the baby cot and toys! I was worried Luther would feel out of place when he goes to a new environment.

Anyway, we traveled about 1.5hours down south to my hubby's hometown in Port Dickson (PD). The traffic was surprisingly alright with just a little jam along the Nilai area. Not too bad for a festive holiday. And Luther did great by sleeping all the way from KL to PD. 

3 generations
Enjoying the beach scenery
Luther was alright with the place... of course being a little excited with the new place, looking around with his big big eyes. Ah Gung and Ah Por were very happy to see him. So, there comes all the carrying and coo-ing and laughing. Then we brought him to the shelter next to the beach to avoid the sun. The breeze was refreshing. Although it turned Luther into this sticky little baby... hahaha.....
CNY Reunion Dinner Hainanese Style
Having our reunion dinner was another exciting one. My hubby was saying,"This is the quietest reunion dinner he ever had!" Why? Because our little prince was sound asleep on his bouncer during dinner time and grandparents don't want to wake him up so we all can sit together to eat. The whole situation was so funny... every one was literally whispering throughout dinner.....
I Love Gung Gung

I Love Por Por

1st day of Chinese New Year, we were celebrating it at home with the family. On the 2nd day, we traveled further south to Malacca to visit Luther Great Grandmother. I would say the only surviving great grandparent for Luther. She was so happy to see Luther (great grandma is already 93 years old with failing vision). Everyone was so happy greeting our superstar. 

It was an exciting CNY. We came back to KL on the 3rd day and the traffic was, again, surprisingly ok with slight heavy traffic. Thank GOD.. if not, our little champion would be noisy cause he dislike being in a stagnant vehicle too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment