Friday, November 11, 2011

Night to Day... Day to Night.

I was told before hand that baby do turn night to day and day to night during their 1st few months (especially their 1st month). I didn't know it was literally day to night! 

Luther was sleeping soundly during the day and as per the book I bought, I didn't let him over-sleep during the day so to allow him to sleep slightly longer during the night. He was very attentive and alert after he woke up. It was an amazing time to see him so alert and smiling (involuntarily though!).
Day: Eyes Wide Open
So, after his last feed of the day at about 11pm, he when to bed as usual. I was thinking that he would only be awake 3 to 4 hours later for his next feed. However, that night was a 'day' for him. He woke up 1 hour later demanding for another feed and just wouldn't sleep. I tried leaving him to play by himself. That only worked for about 10 minutes.

Night: Eyes Wide Open I
Mom assist me by carrying Luther for a while and I tried to take a quick power nap. When I woke up, his eyes was wider and brighter than mine

Night: Eyes Wide Open II
I was, as usual, getting a bit tired and feeling a bit lost on what to do to lull Luther to sleep. I've tried singing lullaby, hum & even shushing to calm him and hopefully get him to sleep. Mom tried to do the same and no result. Even the confinement lady tried, Luther just kept asking for a suckle on me. I must however agree that that night was a little warm and I guess he must have felt uncomfortable

At last, at about 4am +, Luther began to fall asleep will getting his feed. We didn't even dare to put him back to his cot and left him to sleep by my side. Finally, Luther slept and I got my night sleep for the next 3 hours before his next feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment